Ten fun facts about me
- I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do (but don’t worry, I haven’t practiced in about 10 years). I’ve also trained in karate, modern arnis, thai boxing, and other cool martial arts.
- These days I mostly just do a lot of yoga. Ommm.
- I like to travel – some of my favorite trips were my very first one (summer backpacking across Europe when I was 24) and later to southeast Asia (especially Malaysia)
- I ride my bike, even in winter (Peter Skott at UMass and Sigrid Stagl at WU were my role models for this)
- At the risk of reaching back too far to my high school glory days here: I’m still proud that the Francis Lewis High School softball team won the 2002 NYC championship and that I was named the city’s player of the year!
- I’m a huge fan of the Liberal Arts and Sciences approach to education
- I have a totally cool 2 year old kid
- I actually enjoy assembling Ikea furniture =P
- My celebrity crush since 1996: Derek Jeter. Derek, if you’re reading this, let’s hang out!!
- In our high school yearbook, in the space where we could state what we wanted to be when we grew up, my best friend entered “happy” (best answer ever) and I… I wrote “Emperor of the World.” =D
The Thing Around Your Neck by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie – not usually a fan of short stories but really liking these!
Vienna by Eva Menasse – good but the German is hard for me!
Advanced Introduction to Feminist Economics by Joyce Jacobsen – a great addition to the literature!
*I don’t update this website very often, so “currently” is relative!